Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Homemade Pizza Dough

I have been using this recipe for 2 years for all of our homemade pizza! It is a tried and true recipe! You can take my word for it as we are a pizza eating family! This dough recipe is also great for bread, cinnamon rolls, hoagie buns, or dinner rolls. If you are looking for an easy recipe that has limitless uses, then you have found it! Give it a try!


Homemade Pizza Dough 

4 1/2 teaspoons yeast
2 cup warm water
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp salt
5 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in water.
 I use my kitchen with dough hook for this dough recipe.
 Makes it so much easier... and who doesn't like easy?!

Add sugar and let stand for 5-10 minutes.

Add oil and salt.


Mix in 2 1/2 cups flour until smooth.


Then add remaining 2 1/2 cups of flour. Mix until you get a nice smooth dough.
If still sticky, add more flour, 1/4 cup at a time.


Flour counter. I use a large cutting board for rolling out my dough, makes cleanup much easier! (there's that word easy again!!)
Make sure you don't use a cutting board that you use for raw meats.


Break off a grapefruit size piece of dough and shape into ball.
 Roll out to desired size about 1/4 inch thick.


Grease pizza pan. I like to make deep dish pizzas in a cast iron skillet.


Place your dough in pan.


Now you can pile on your favorite toppings!

Bake at 425' for 15-20 minutes till cheese is bubbly!

I didn't get any pics after it came out of the oven because I had a hungry family 
waiting with fork in hand!

Enjoy!
-Tiffany


No comments: