Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Toasted Seed Crackers


I love healthy snacks, I just don't like the price tag attached to them! I am always on the look out for recipes for simple, homemade, healthy snacks!
I found a recipe for snack crackers a few months ago and they were good but of course I had to change it up a bit!  And the nice thing about this recipe is that it is so versatile. You can make these to suit your family's liking!



I made these ones with sunflower seeds and chia seeds.

Spread mixture on cookie sheet, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake for 30 minutes at 325°.

After 30 minutes, cut into 2 inch squares.

Then flip over and salt. Bake for another 30 - 40 minutes. I bake for 40 more minutes cuz I like them extra toasted! Mmmm.... :).

Let cool for a few minutes and then dig in!!

I had an audience behind while taking these pics. They were all waiting till I was done so they could grab one up!!

Ah, one left for me! Mmm, so good!

Did I mention that these are SIMPLE, HEALTHY, and sssooo DELICIOUS?!
You have got to try these!

Here's the basics recipe, you can change it around to fit your taste preference!

1/2 cup chia seeds (you have to use chia seeds, they make everything stick together)
1 1/2 cups of seeds or chopped nuts of your preference
1 cup water
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients in bowl.
Spread on cookie sheet about 1/4 inch thick
Bake at 325° for 30 minutes
Then cut into 2 inch squares. Flip over , salt, and bake for 30-40 minutes more.

Some other seed and nut options:
Sunflower seed
Flax seed
Seaseme seed
Chopped almonds
Chopped pecans
Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)

Try different combinations to find you favorite flavor!
But remember, you have to use 1/2 cup chia seeds!

Have a great day!
- Tiffany

No comments: