Monday, November 3, 2014

Peanut Butter Balls - The Healthy Version!



Well, when I started out, I was going to make a healthy version of peanut butter buckeyes.... I had the ingredients gathered and arranged nicely on my island, got the picture taken, measured each ingredient and was ready to mix when my littlest 'little' awoke from his nap! Now what to do??... Thats when I decided there was no time now for rolling the peanut butter balls, melting the chocolate or dipping each ball into the yummy chocolate.  So, that is when I recruited little number 5 as chief stirrer! And I decided a change to the recipe was needed! I added rolled oats to the mixture and dumped in some chocolate chips! Thus making a 'healthy' version of peanut butter balls.


Peanut Butter Balls

2 cups peanut butter
1 cup flax meal (my new found favorite!..
I'll post later.)
3/4 cup honey
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups oats
1 cup mini chocolate chips



Put it all in a bowl and mix well.
Roll into balls.



** I used a cookie scoop to scoop each ball and then rolled each one.
*** They taste yummy frozen too!!

If mixture is dry and crumbly, just add a bit more peanut butter or honey.

Mmmm..... yummy!


ENJOY!


-Tiffany

No comments: