Thursday, November 20, 2014

Healthy Peanut Butter Cups



If you are looking for a yummy candy treat that is super healthy, low sugar, chocolaty, but caffeine free, then this recipe is for you!
This recipe is packed full of healthy goodness!


Here's what you will need:
Carob chips, coconut oil, peanut butter, flax meal, honey, vanilla, mini muffin liners.

Line mini muffin pan with liners or recruit a helper!

Mix peanut butter, flax meal, honey and vanilla.

Meanwhile, start melting carob and coconut oil in microwave or double boiler.

Keep stirring to get a smooth consistency.

Mix till well blended.



Fill each cup with 1/2 inch size flattened balls of peanut butter mixture.

I used one of my other favorite kitchen tools, my cookie scoop. (If you don't have one of these, you are missing out!! I love using a cookie scoop verses using spoons, because you only need one hand to measure out equal portions. And with a five month old, I'm one handed quite often!
I only filled it half full with the peanut butter mixture in order to have room for the chocolate mixture!
Now drizzle carob mixture over peanut butter cups.
Chill for about 10 minutes.
There ya have it, healthy, easy and so good!


Healthy Peanut Butter Cups

1 cup carob chips 
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup flax meal
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla

You have got to give these a try!


This little just couldn't wait for me to be done taking pictures!! And with 5 littles digging into these, they didn't last till the end of the day!

Have a great day!
-Tiffany

1 comment:

Jessica said...

These look so yummy! My daughter is being tested for a peanut allergy, but if it comes back negative, PB cups are first on my list of treats to make!