Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Chicken Bacon Alfredo

  Okay, I am not one to follow recipes... I tend to change every recipe I use.  I can't take credit, though, for any meal or dessert ever turning out good. I was never able to cook. Ever. In fact, when my wonderful husband and I got married, I couldn't even make grilled cheese!! I am not exaggerating! I just couldn't do it. My husband  taught me how to make grilled cheese. So, to whom goes the credit for me to be able to put a delicious, home cooked meal on the dinner table every night?....

 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13. This became my life verse. The Lord gave me wisdom to be able to create delicious healthy meals for my family. 

So, this recipe is a perfect example of God's wonderful wisdom He has given me in the kitchen!

CHICKEN BACON ALFREDO




1 lb chicken breast or tenders, cooked, chopped
1 lb bacon, cooked and broken in pieces
1 pkg cream cheese
2 cups soup base or chicken broth
16oz pasta cooked, drained
(melt 1/2 stick of butter over pasta)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tsp garlic
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp chives
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesean cheese




Here I have my noodles cooking, bacon already cooked and crumbled, and in the skillet I have chicken, cooked, chopped and seasoned with garlic. I added the onions and sauteed for a few minutes. I then added the cream cheese and stirred it till cream cheese was completely melted. 

Like this.....


Then I added the soup base to the chicken mixture.


Next I added the parsley and chives. Then poured mixture over pasta and mix well.
Now add cheeses and bacon!
 
 This turned out so good..... everyone enjoyed it!
I even broke my low carb diet to have seconds ;)

I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did!

-Tiffany




No comments: