Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Countdown ~Holiday Spiced Potpourri


This potpourri makes a great all natural air freshener AND it makes a great homemade gift.

It smells so good. I like to simmer it when I'm in the kitchen cleaning or when I'm done and I sit down to a cup of tea. It is also a great gift to give to a neighbor or a nice filler for a gift basket filled with more homemade goodies, such as this Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub.

Most of you will already have the ingredients on hand, if not, they are very low cost ingredients.
You will need:


  • Cinnamon sticks- about 5 or 6 per jar
  • Whole cloves- about 10 per jar
  • 1 tsp nutmeg per jar
  • 1 tsp ginger per jar
  • Peel from 1 medium orange (use the orange to make Cranberry Orange Spinach Smoothie)
  • 1 pint jar- if you don't want to give away your canning jars, start saving other glass jars, such as ones from pasta sauce.
Place all ingredients in jar and fill with water. Put on lid. Decorate with some material and ribbon and attach label with instructions.


These should probably only be made a day or two ahead of time so no ingredients spoil. But they are so easy and simple, they can be whipped together at the last minute as well!

I hope you come back often to see what else I have planned for Christmas! I'm really excited about an activity I have planned for my kids during their Christmas Countdown! It has to do with 'Frozen'. Sshhhh, don't tell them! But if your kids are in anyway interested in the Frozen movie, you will definitely wanna check back Saturday morning!
Be sure to let me know what you think!
Share it with your friends!
I hope you are enjoying this Christmas Countdown as much as I am!
-Tiffany

No comments: