Thursday, January 15, 2015

Friday Favorites!


Friday Favorites!


I love reading other bloggers posts' about their favorite products and resources they use, sssooooo........... I've decided to do the same for you all, my dear readers! Every other Friday (eh, more or less!.. I get busy sometimes!), I will post a few of my favorite and useful products or resources that I am currently using, or will be getting ready to use on our homestead, in the kitchen or somewhere else in our home. I will only share products that I truly believe in using! Trust me, a good review is important to my family and I. We don't have time to waste on buying a product that isn't what its supposed to be. And if you ever have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment!
Here's a couple of my favorites to get started!





1.  As it is winter here in Western Pa, and we use a coal/wood burner to heat our home, we have to bring in wood every week or so. (and ladies, the way I see it, since my hubby is gone at work all day, the least I can do is bring in the wood and maybe even have a hot meal ready when he gets home!). Well, to make the wood hauling job a bit easier verses using a wheel barrow(as I've done in the past), we use a steel utility cart. this cart has lasted us many years! We used it as a wagon for when we had 4 kids all under the age 5, I use it to haul the harvest from the garden, the kids haul the neighbor kids in it and now for this winter season, we are using it to haul wood into the house. From small to big homesteads, this garden cart is so versatile and makes a GREAT addition to your supplies. We have used it for many, many more jobs, too many to list!




2. Large Family Logistics is a great book for large or small families. I love to read this throughout my winter reading time and when I am 'resetting' our homestead. I have found this book to be so encouraging as a mom of a large family. It is organized so you can read any section for any season of life. I really enjoy how Kim Brenneman applies the Proverbs 31 woman to modern day women. I encourage you to give this book a read no matter what your family size.


What are some of your favorite products or resources that make your home or homestead run smoothly?

-Tiffany


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The product I often buy to stay organized is plastic bins with lids. I use them for everything from Christmas decorations, Legos, hand me down clothes, and I even have one I tuck gifts away in when I buy them early when I see them on sale! I use them for lots of things!