Monday, January 19, 2015

Taco Lettuce Wraps

 

A few years ago, some friends of ours took us to PF Chang's. If you have ever been there, then perhaps you have tried their chicken lettuce wraps. Well, if you haven't, just take my word for it, they are delicious! After having them, I was inspired to see what kind of lettuce wraps I could make. 
So I started with family taco night, and made my own low-carb Taco Lettuce Wraps...
 These are very simple to make. I have used romaine and iceberg lettuce and both work great. Romaine lettuce works better for taco wraps since it is curved like a taco shell.


Just pick your meat of choice, beef or chicken, flavored with taco seasoning.

Fill, and add toppings such as cheese, tomatoes, avacados and olives.


There ya have it! A low-carb, healthy and satisfying lunch or dinner!




I have noticed when I lead a low carb lifestyle, I have more energy, I want to drink more water, and I just feel so good, good enough to exercise!



Have you tried lettuce wraps? What have you filled them with? I'd love to hear from you!

OK, enough chatting! I'm hungry! Time to eat!!
Keep it low-carb!
-Tiffany

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks good... Will be trying it for sure!