Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Few Cold Remedies...



After I shared the purple immune boosting smoothie with you all, I thought perhaps I should also share my other favorite home remedies I use on my family at this time of year.


One of the first things I go for when anyone is getting sick is Traditional Medicinals Gypsy Cold Care Tea . It has a wonderful taste and a great blend of herbs. I am always sharing it with friends that are sick. I sweeten it with honey or drink it unsweetened, its great either way. It is comforting and soothes an irritated throat and sinuses. The herbal blend really helps your body fight off a cold. My husband recently came down with a stubborn sinus infection along with a cough and chest congestion, so I sent a cup of this along with him to work the past couple days and he is feeling much better! 


   

Elderberry, echinacea and zinc syrup is one of my other go to remedies when someone has the sniffles! All three of the ingredients are great for giving your immune system a boost to fight a nasty cold or just to keep a cold from coming your way. I like to keep a bottle of this on hand. The herbal blend makes for a convenient remedy if you don't have your own herbs.

Airborne is my family's all time favorite! The kids love the flavor and I don't have a fight when it comes to drinking it! Airborne is made up of herbs, vitamins and minerals. We drink it often throughout cold season and especially if we have been exposed to someone who has been sick! I like that there is a variety of Airborne products. I just recently purchased chewables for when we are on the go and don't have time to mix up a pack! They also make chewable gummies for kids.

So far we haven't had to make a trip to the doctor during this cold season! 
Praise the Lord for that! We are so thankful!

I am not a doctor and the above statements concerning the listed products are of my own opinion and experiences with these products. I do not claim that these are a cure all, but simply want to share what remedies we have found to really help when cold season hits!

What are some of your remedies?
-Tiffany