Monday, January 19, 2015

Cut the Carbs!!

 

I love the smell of warm bread baking in the oven, or a big bowl of pasta topped with my favorite sauce, oh, but I dont love what it does to my hips, my blood sugar levels, my energy levels or the bloated feeling I get from eating it! So, we are gonna talk about Cutting the Carbs! 

For those of you who know me personally, you may remember the fitness challenge that many of us participated in a few years ago. It was a 12 week challenge to loose the most weight. I came in 2nd place, loosing 33 pounds in the 12 weeks. I paired my fitness plan with a low carb diet. Now I did go a bit to the extreme being this was a challenge after all! But since then, I have came up with a better and healthier plan for eating low carb.



Before we get into the way to cut the carbs, lets check out why I eat low carb.
  • Weightloss!
  • Blood sugar levels stay level!
  • More energy!
  • More controlled over appetite!
There are many more health benefits to eating low carb, these are the main ones that are important and beneficial to me. When I first started eating low carb, I followed the Atkins Program. I really enjoyed following it. I have heard many people say that they knew someone who did the Atkins program and when they were done they gained it all back, well I don't know their situation, but I do know that if you eat any certain way to loose weight and after you have lost the weight you go back to your old eating habits of hoho's and soda, there's a good chance you are going to put the weight back on! As for me, I followed the Atkins program for 12 weeks and lost 33 pounds and then I didnt follow the program exactly, but I still kept a low carb lifestyle. And over the period of 2 1/2 years, I only gained back 5 pounds! I also didnt exercise during that time either, so eating right helped to keep it down! I am not trying to recommend for anyone to sign up for Atkins, I have no gain from it. I just want to share my weight loss journey with you and what I learned from going low carb.

 Atkins is a stricter program and it does cut out a lot of foods. I learned there are other ways to loose weight, eat low carb and still eat a wide variety of your favorite foods! I will share those recipes with you this week. They are my own creations and are very tasty and satisfying! Such as Breadless Grilled Ham and Cheese, Taco Lettuce Wraps, Veggie Wraps, Bunless Burger and I will show you how to fill your freezer with ready to go smoothies!

You may want to check out the Atkins website for more information on eating low carb and the health benefits from it. They currently have an offer to sign up for a free sample of some of their products and you also recieve a guide book that shows you how many carbs are in each food and it teaches you how to count carbs. I have found the book very useful. Again, I have no affiliate with Atkins or have any gain from talking about their program :).

So if you're with me one this one... Leave me a comment and let me know what you will be doing to keep it low carb!!

If you have any questions, please ask away!!
I have had GREAT success eating low carb and I'm sure you will too!

-Tiffany

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started Atkins 2 1/2 years ago, and loved their website. I also found it so helpful to eat a lower carb diet. I feel so much better! I lost 20 pounds and have kept most of it off.

Tiffany said...

I found atkins to be great jumpstart plan to living a low carb lifestyle! i always feel so refreshed and energized when I cut the carbs!