Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lemon Mint Sugar Scrub


Spring is here and it feels so good to open the windows and let a fresh breeze blow in, and blow some dust out! And if your like me, you've probably been doing some spring cleaning projects. I've done a few clutter piles and we've been working on some outdoor projects. 

With spring come fresh, clean scents. The store shelves are stocked with flowery candles, lemon scented cleaners, and yummy smelling hand soaps. And while they smell great, the ingredients probably aren't the greatest. 
I haven't quite replaced all of my household supplies with all natural choices, but I have made a few changes. Instead of lotion, I use coconut oil. Instead of store bought ChapStick, I use my homemade organic lip balm. Find it HERE. I have used essential oils to replace my household cleaners. 
My next goals are homemade deodorant and toothpaste. Many of you may do more than this, some of you, less. But we're going for one step at a time here! And little steps add up to big distances!
So today I'm going to share with you another sugar scrub recipe. I mixed this one up last week for a friend. Its refreshing, moisturizing, and smells good enough to eat! Which wouldn't hurt if you did, unless, of course you are avoiding sugar!!



Lemon Mint Sugar Scrub
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup sugar
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
2 tbsp crushed mint leaves

Mix all ingredients together. Store in airtight container.

I keep this by my kitchen sink to use after I've done load after load of dishes and my hands have that dirty dish smell! Yuck! Just simply rub about a teaspoon onto slightly wet hands and scrub for a few minutes. It will exfoliate and moisturize at the same time! You will be amazed at how smooth your hands feel. And they will smell so fresh! Even better, you won't be using any nasty ingredients on your skin! Win! Win!!

This also makes a great gift. Either for a friend, or maybe a spa gift basket for Mother's Day!

Let me know if you give it a try!

Also, if you want to keep up with Real Life Homestead, follow me on Instagram. Just click HERE to keep up with Real Life! We always have something going on around our little homestead! Dont miss a thing.... Follow along!!

Have a great day!
Tiffany

No comments: