Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Green Smoothies-Ready To Go!




I love having a green smoothie for breakfast, or even throughout the day, but I've encountered a few problems with having green smoothies.... Not with the smoothies themselves, but with convenience of making one and I don't like to go shopping often so I tend to stock up on bananas and spinach, and we all know that both of those don't last very long. Therefore, I came up with a way that I can have a green smoothie at any time of day and my produce isn't going bad!

Gather your smoothie ingredients and freezer bags.

I have found that its easier to fill the bags with your smoothie ingredients if you fold down the tops of the bags, and since baby number 6 wanted to join me, I put these together one handed!


I put in a handful of spinach, about 1 cup or so, 1 banana, chopped, and 1/2 avocado, chopped.


Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal.

Store in freezer until ready to use.



When ready to use, just empty contents of one bag into blender and add either 1 cup water or milk. I use low carb protein shakes. 
You can also add 1 tbsp peanut butter at this time.
Blend until smooth!



When you have  green smoothie and add in some protein such as a low carb protein shake or peanut butter, you will notice you feel better, have more energy and feel more in control of your eating!

Are you going to try this? Let me know what kind of green smoothies you are going to make!

-Tiffany


No comments: