Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Peek into our Week! Freezer Cooking, Gardening and my New Coffee System!


Well, some of these pictures are a few weeks old , but I figured Id share them any way! The above pic is a layered fruit cheesecake dessert I made for the 4th of July.


My oldest Minionette and I went out for a short shopping trip and stopped off for a few minutes of one on one time.


Evening garden pic. I love to take a walk in the cool evening. 


Tomatoes are coming! I can't wait! A home grown tomato tastes wwaayy better than one bought in the store!


Cucumbers are off to a good start as well. I sense a pickling post coming soon!


And pickles need dill, of course! It's so easy to grow! Most years it just comes back by itself.


I recently purchased organic coffee beans, a french press and a manual coffee grinder. Why? Well, organic coffee, because why not?! French press? Well, I've heard it makes better coffee and no waste compared to the Keurig that I wanted. Manual coffee grinder? My husband didn't understand why I just didn't buy an electric one either! Well the way I pictured it was sitting around a campfire with no electric around, perhaps in a mountain cabin somewhere and I could grind my coffee beans and brew them without electricity! OK, OK, so its a stretch, but I love it!


A friend and I did a freezer cooking session! We made 20 dozen meatballs, 56 hot pockets, and 5 batches of cookie dough! It was a great success and it only took us 4 hours!

So, what have you been up to lately? Leave me a comment below!

Be sure to keep coming back to see what we have been doing!

Psst... I've been working on a new section to the blog! Hopefully I will get it out soon! :)

Hope your summer is going great! 

-Tiffany

No comments: