Monday, December 15, 2014

How To Shine Your Sink - Naturally!!



Last week I worked on several cleaning projects, and one of them was scrubbing my kitchen sink. And I don't mean just wiping it out after doing dishes, I mean scrubbing, like getting the gross stuff out of every corner and crevice! And I did it without having to wear gloves or breathe toxic fumes! How? You ask, well keep reading....

This is my sink before..... Yuck! I know! That's why it needed a scrubbin'!



First, I sprinkled baking soda all over the surface of my sink and on the faucet area....


Then I sprayed my homemade cleaner on the sink surface....
My homemade cleaner is made is water and vinegar 5:1 ratio with about 15 drops of citrus blend oil. If you don't have citrus oils, you can infuse vinegar with lemon or orange rind. Simply place rinds in about half gallon of vinegar and let sit over night!


You will hear a 'foaming' sound when adding vinegar to baking soda, kinda like pop rocks!
Let sit for about 10-15 minutes, then get scrubbing! I used a sponge to scrub the main area of sink and a toothbrush to scrub around faucet area. Another added bonus to using natural ingredients to scrub your sink, is that the kids can get involved in cleaning too! After scrubbing, rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel.

Ta-Da!!!! So shiny!! And with using the citrus oils, it smells so fresh!


Let me know if you have ever tried this!
-Tiffany

No comments: