Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What we've been up to...!

*** OK, I think its working! :)
NOTE: Im having some issues with pics not showing up right now....Im not very techy, so it mite be awhile..., sorry:/.


Well we are finally recovered from the flu...ugh! It really wiped us out! I was in bed for 3 days! And the baby got sick too! It was not fun! My husband was the only one of the 8 of us that didnt get sick! Praise God for that! :).

I'm sure by my lloonngg disappearance from blogger world, some of you have probably wondered what we' ve been up to. Well, here's a few things we' ve been doing.....

We had PSSA testing last week for 4 days. We were gone from 8 am till around noon each day. We made a couple goodie baskets for the hard working, and ever so pleasant school staff! Thanks again!




My kids had a great time during testing week. They get to experience a regular classroom setting for a few days!

I did a quick spring cleaning on the shelf in my dining room. It only took about 20 minutes to sort through everything and dust.
Before
:

After:


Much better! Did anyone start any spring cleaning yet?

There was an open house event at my husbands place of employment and I made enough potato salad to feed 200+ people,
11 dozen chocolate chip cookies,  12 dozen Mahindra logo sugar cookies!




These were very easy and fun to make! I recieved several compliments and someone informed me that people were even taking pictures!! I am planning on a tutorial soon. Now I know not everyone wants to make Mahindra Logo cookies, but I will show you how you can make any logo or design on cookies or cupcakes for your next big event!



And thru all the busy-ness, I even took time for me! My hair was neglected for wwaayy too long. I made an appointment with a close friend of mine, she also doubles as my hairdresser! If she ever quits cutting hair, I am doomed!! She is the ONLY person I trust to do anything with my hair!

Heres my hair BEFORE: (and yes, I am aware of how bad it was!!)



AFTER: She did such a great job!




I made her a jar of Lemon Mint Sugar Scrub. (recipe coming soon!). The way I see it, "take really good care of the person holding scissors above your head!" LOL!! Thanks again Liz!


We also took some time to enjoy the beautiful weather with a stop for lunch at the park!.... 
This guy was just loving the feel of the grass! 
Ain't he just so cute?!


I also have some fun posts planned. A friend and I are planning to get together and make some homemade toothpaste! This will be a first. I am excited to expand our homemade products!

Also, since I have now been using essential oils for 1 year now, I find it time to share some info with you all! I will go thru several oils that we use on a regular basis, how to decide which oils are best for you, I will also give a review of using an oil diffuser and if you should use one. And I will share a few recipes with oils for you to try. I will also share which company I use and why!

Stay tuned! Im back in blogger world and have a lot planned! Including a special request for Snowball Cookies!

Have a great day!!
Tiffany



No comments: