Monday, March 30, 2015

Making Memories with Chocolate Chip Cookies


 I remember as a child eating fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies. Mmmm... The warm gooey center, melty chocolate and crisp buttery edges. Sounds good, right? But there was a problem.... My grandmother never used a recipe! So therefore there was no way for me to duplicate those wonderful cookies for my children.... Until 2 years ago when I found the perfect recipe!  Check it out....

Now, I know chocolate chip cookies is the one cookie most of us have made at some point, and you probably have your own 'go-to' recipe for these most loved cookies! So I'm not trying to pull you away from your favorite recipe. I'm not trying to tell you these are the best cookies I've ever made and eaten and you should make some too! No, I'm just going to let the cookies do the talking! Do me and yourself a favor and mix up a batch of these! Then you will see why I think they are the BEST EVER!!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven 325°. 
SIFT flour, baking soda, salt in small bowl
MIX melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar in mixer
BEAT IN vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy, 
Like this....


MIX in dry ingredients until just combined.
STIR IN chocolate chips.
Use cookie scoop or spoons to drop dough onto cookie sheet. Keep dough 2 inches apart. Like this....

Gotta love the cookie scoop!! ;)


BAKE at 325° for  8-10 minutes.


After I made a double batch, all of my kiddos and their neighbor friend had some cookies and milk, then  I sent some to the neighbors, I secured some cookies for my husband and 'hid' them from chocolate covered fingers; there weren't too many cookies left to show for my time and effort put into making them. But what was left, besides a flour dusted kitchen, .....was memories :). I want my kids to have those memories of when I mixed up the best ever, buttery, crispy, chewy, chocolate chip cookies. I want them to remember the aroma that filled the kitchen. I want them to remember the anticipation as they waited for the first tray to come out of the oven. And the dispute over who should get the last cookie!
And, I want you to make those memories with your family :).

What special memories are you building with your kids? 
Leave me a comment and let me know!


Sshhh.... Dont tell my kids where I hid the cookies!! ;)



No comments: