Saturday, February 14, 2015

Blueberry Lemon Smoothie


I think I have found a new favorite! When creating this smoothie, I was looking for something refreshing, fruity and filling! I just didnt realize it would be this good. And when I say "good", I mean, I look forward to having my next one before I finish drinking it!! Yes! Its that good! You. Have. Got. To. Try. It!!! Seriously, dont delay... Get mixing one up right now!!!





I love the cleansing properties of lemons. A few years ago, I did a lemonade cleanse and only drank fresh squeezed lemonade sweetened with pure maple syrup for 10 days! Crazy? Yes. Worth it? Yes. Do I want to do it again? Nope. Thats why I wanted a smoothie I could have as a breakfast drink or a mid-day snack and would be refreshing, and satisfying.

Lemons are full of vitamin c. In fact, if you have a cold and congestion, you should go for fresh squeezed lemonade verses orange juice, as orange has coagulating properties, like milk, and can thicken phlegm. Lemons give this smoothie a refreshing taste and leaves you feeling so good. Well, it did that for me at least... Let me know what you think!!


Blueberries are packed full of antioxidants and they are great for nervous system and brain health. They also have a low glycemic level, which means they have little effect on your blood sugar levels- no sugar crashes here! When adding blueberries to this smoothie, it gives it the perfect fruitiness and sweetness.


Chia Seeds make this smoothie satisfying. They have  massive amount of nutrients and very little calories. They are packed full of antioxidants, fiber and protein. Some say they help with weight loss... Perhaps. The way I see it, is that if I have a smoothie like this with chia seeds and my appetite is satisfied, then its a great partner with a weight loss plan!

I was going to stop there, but I thought a bit of spinach couldn't hurt! It a great way to get in those leafy greens for the day! Spinach is also high in antioxidants and packed full of vitamins! It also is high in fiber and is great for controlling blood sugar levels!

So now that we have all the facts, let's get mixing!

Blueberry Lemon Smoothie

1/2 lemon (peeled, and seeds removed)
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh, frozen or canned)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup spinach
1 cup water

Put it all in the blender and blend until smooth.

ENJOY!
I think I need to go have another now!

Are you going to try this? Let me know what you think!
~Tiffany

No comments: