Thursday, May 7, 2015

Snowball Cookies (Easy and Simple, and Perfect for Mother's Day!!)



 One of my daughters friends requested this recipe post and it has been awhile since she made her request, sorry G.R.!! But I will tell ya, I have never had a snowball cookie before!! I always see them on the cookie trays at Christmas time, but I usually look for the most chocolatey goodie I can find! So when I got this request, I told my oldest that it was her job to make them!!






She got busy in the kitchen, gathering the ingredients, and I was working on dishes and other kitchen duties. After a few minutes passed, I checked on her progress and I saw that she had the butter in the bowl and ALL of the other ingredients dumped in!! Aaahhh! I thought for sure she messed something up and all of the ingredients were wasted and I was gonna have to step in and do some management.... Boy was I wrong!! This recipe is so easy, you just dump all the ingredients except powder sugar in a bowl and get mixing!! This is so not what I am used to. I'm used to creaming the butter and sugar and adding eggs and sifting dry ingredients... Nope, not with this recipe!! It all goes in one bowl at the same time!!! Can it get any easier?!?!


Oh, and once they came out of the oven....I was loving this cookie even more!! Not only was the mixing easy, the cookie just..melted, aaahhhh, ssooo good! It was light and sweet, and buttery and nutty!! Just make some for yourself and you will see what I'm talking about!!

Snowball Cookies
2 cups flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
Powdered sugar

1. Mix all ingredients, except powdered sugar, in mixing bowl and mix on low until thoroughly mixed.
2. Shaped into 1 inch balls. Cookie scoop works best!!
3. Place on cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
4. Bake at 325° for 18-25 minutes. We did 19 minutes!
5. Let cool for 5 minutes and roll in powdered sugar. 
6. Use control, and try not to eat them all!!!



These would be perfect for Mother's Day. You won't mess up the kitchen, and you will have a yummy, light treat just for Mom!!

Need a few more Mother's Day ideas? Check these out!





Have a great day and to all you moms, have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

And remember, when those times seem rough and you're on your last leg, just keep going and trust in the Lord! He is there for you always!

Can't get enough of Real Life Homestead?. Follow along HERE for daily homestead happenings!!

-Tiffany

No comments: