Wednesday, April 29, 2015

One Pot Pasta


Ladies! This is a recipe you have got to try! Its so easy, I can't believe I haven't tried it sooner. And its versatile, mix in more or less veggies to suit your taste. And easy, wait I mentioned that one already, but easy is my favorite, so let just stick with the repeat!! 
You, literally, only use one pot. And even better, if you wanna throw it in the slow cooker, go for it! I will include directions for that too! 
Oh, and another bonus, you change it up for chicken Alfredo, spaghetti and ziti!! Hungry? Let's cook!!



OK, so the basics of how this one pot pasta works is you are going to use a heavy, dutch oven style pot, and cook beef , peppers and onions, (or chicken if going for Alfredo!), and drain grease. Then add your sauce either tomato or Alfredo. Add in dry, uncooked pasta, yes! I said uncooked pasta! Trust me on this! It works! And it tastes ever so yummy. The flavors of the meat and veggies and sauce cooks into the pasta! Mmm! Add water! Simmer on low heat for about an hour till pasta is cooked. Top off with cheese and dig in!



If your having a busy day, you could cook meat and veggies in a skillet and then put all ingredients in crock pot for 4-5 hours.


Alright enough chatter, here's the recipe!!

ONE POT PASTA

1lb ground beef
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 package, uncooked pasta
3 cups sauce, (24 oz)
6 cups water
Season with garlic, salt, pepper as desired.
2 cups cheese

1. Cook beef, peppers, onions and drain.
2. Mix in sauce, pasta, water and seasonings.
3. Simmer on low for 45-60 minutes, until pasta is cooked.**
4. Top with cheese, serve!!
5. Enjoy your clean kitchen!!

I'm lovin' this 'one-pot' cookin'!
And I hope you do too! Let me know how it goes!!

**for slow cooker, cook on low for about 4-5 hours.**

Hope you all have a great day!

Have you ever tried one-pot pasta meals? Let me know what you've done! I'd love to try a new idea!!

Need an easy dessert? Try these!!



-Tiffany


No comments: